Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Future Chevrolet Corvette Stingray May Get Stop-Start Technology

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

Comments

• greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    I take exception to the comment that there is no environmental benefit from having start-stop technology. Unless they tune their motor so poorly that start-stop uses more fuel than simply idling, start-stop will always provide some environmental benefit. Still, I'm not convinced the Corvette will see too much in the way of compromises in the same of fuel economy. It might be priced into more of a niche vehicle than it already is, but they would be foolish to upset the model's performance cred.
  • jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    My bro has a BMW X3 with start-stop. He turned it on (luckily it can be turned off) to show me how ludicrous it really is. The car dies at a stop, the ac fan kicks down to low, and the car sputters and bucks as it comes back to life on takeoff. This system is not the answer. And Corvette buyers are not going to "have to" accept anything they don't enjoy. They just won't buy the car.