Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Future Nissan Titan To Offer Optional Cummins Turbodiesel Engine

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Nissan

imageFuture Nissan Titan To Offer Optional Cummins Turbodiesel Engine

The future Nissan Titan pickup truck will be offered with an optional Cummins 5.0-liter V8 turbodiesel engine, Nissan confirmed on Tuesday.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    Ahh, it's time to step-up or get out of the truck business.
    That option will cost a bundle, but Nissan doesn't sell many Titans in its current form, so why not diesel-up.
    Competition drives evolution.
  • Options
    ne_blackshirtsne_blackshirts Member Posts: 56
    I feel this is a great step for Nissan and has to make buyers want to at least try one out. Coming from Nissan I would only expect it to be a better than average performer. My Lease is up in March 2015 on my Pro-4X and this just made me list to tryout. Pair this with a dual-clutch tranny and I'd bet it'll run better than most 400hp trucks.
  • Options
    trmckintrmckin Member Posts: 10
    I'm listening Nissan. I'm a Ford fan but would gladly give a Nissan/Cummins 5.0 turbo a test. 2015 I will be upgrading to something.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    It's a great choice for those that need a fullsize truck. I'm a midsize off road SUV sort of guy, so my choices are pretty limited.