Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Detroit Electric Recharged With 2014 SP:01

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

imageDetroit Electric Recharged With 2014 SP:01

After an absence of more than 70 years, the automaker Detroit Electric has been revived and will begin sales of its limited-edition 2014 SP:01 battery-electric sports car this August.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    rayzorrayzor Member Posts: 61
    Wow, this would be an exciting new sports car if this was the year 2005. The looks is dated, the performance; not bad, the range just ok but the asking price, seriously!?!
  • Options
    drcomputerdrcomputer Member Posts: 82
    Hmm... Looks a lot like my Tesla Roadster that I've had for four years now. This is somehow "new"?
  • Options
    ks55ks55 Member Posts: 8
    ......or I could buy a used Lotus Elise or Exige for less than 50k and pocket the difference.......Hmmmm.....135k or 50k ? Let me think for just a minute......Ok, Ok, I have my answer..........It is 50k for a used Lotus. Survey says...........Correct.
  • Options
    jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    Tesla already built this car years ago, but just to lay the foundation for the Model S. If Detroit Electric intends to do the same, they better have a great idea waiting in the wings. And, hey, maybe there are those who missed out on the Tesla roadster and will get a second chance.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    "the plant will have an annual capacity of 2,500 vehicles", "Production of the SP:01 will be limited to 999 units", "...not yet sure how much of a federal tax credit will apply". This all sounds really well thought out. They're also more than a little late to putting batteries in Lotuses. I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.