Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Files Patent on New Stow 'n Go Seat Design

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chrysler

imageChrysler Files Patent on New Stow 'n Go Seat Design

Chrysler Group has filed a patent to improve its signature Stow 'n Go seats, an upgrade that may show up on the 2015 Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan minivans.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    Much better. The worst part of the original was that the front seats were power (at least the ones I tried) which move at a super slow crawl so it took forever to move the fronts to be able to stow the second row. Its really an amazing invention tho to be able to go from passengers to full cargo without removing seats.
  • tp660tp660 Member Posts: 15
    "The improved seats collapse in less space."

I hope this doesn't mean that they made the seats even more thinner. I sat in the second row of a Grand Caravan on a road trip and the seat's lack of comfort started showing after only an hour. If I was in the market for a minivan, I'll gladly lug those heavy seats into my garage on the few occasions I need to and sacrifice storage space I'll rarely use in exchange for more comfortable seats.