Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Future Nissan Armada Defies Trend Toward Downsizing

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Nissan

imageFuture Nissan Armada Defies Trend Toward Downsizing

The upcoming redesigned Nissan Armada won't be downsized in an effort to reduce mass and vehicle weight, Edmunds has learned.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• wackfordwackford Member Posts: 41
    Come on Nissan! Offer the diesel in this SUV. The market for used diesel Ford Excursions is pretty good from I have seen, and this might give a hint at how popular a diesel-powered full-size SUV could be.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    Absolutely offer the diesel. It would be a perfect fit in this market niche.
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    I don't think I've seen five Armadas ever in my travels.
    Has to be one of the lowest volume sellers for all manufactures.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Some customers no doubt need the space and towing capacity, but I bet the overwhelming majority are used for single-person commuting and haven't towed a single pound in their life. Makes you wonder how people in the rest of the world without full-size trucks and SUVs manage to tow. Wait, I know...
  • motoxer913motoxer913 Member Posts: 1
    I really wish Nissan would consider a diesel in the Armada. I'm an Armada owner and better range and mpg would be my #1 ask from a full sized SUV. Give me a 3.0 or 4.0L diesel with atleast 400ftlbs and gas mileage in the mid to high 20's and I will buy that. Whatever you do DO NOT sacrifice the 9000lbs towing capability!
    The Infinity version with 8 speed gearbox and newer version of the 5.6L which has direct injection isn't getting any better gas mileage than the Armada which is really disappointing...I think diesel is the solution.
    GM and Ford are only taking minor steps forward in evolution in 2014, take a chance and leap past them with a diesel offering Nissan!