Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

George Clooney Trash-Talks His 2008 Tesla Roadster

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Tesla

imageGeorge Clooney Trash-Talks His 2008 Tesla Roadster

George Clooney said in a recent Esquire interview that he was not happy with his 2008 Tesla Roadster, triggering a vigorous defense of the car from Tesla CEO Elon Musk.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• ek900ek900 Member Posts: 39
    What is with Elon Musk? Is he really so uptight that he thinks ANY criticism must be attacked back?

Tesla has now sold thousands of cars. Unhappy customers are part of the deal when you succeed in selling thousands of cars. And if you don't want George Clooney to attack you, then don't court celebrities to buy your cars.

Its always amazing to see how some people want to be the face of things, but have really thin skins.

I have no real opinion of Tesla one way or another. They are a long way from the type of car I could consider right now. But losing your mind any time you get criticism won't make you more successful. It might do the opposite.
  • miedenmieden Member Posts: 75
    Ha, the "gravity" of the situation... You guys crack me up...
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    I can't say one good thing about George Clooney. He's nothing but a loudmouth hypocrite. I'm with Elon Musk on this one. Having problems with a new car is one thing. Having problems with a 7-model-year-old car, especially one that uses a radically alternative powertrain, is.. well.. expected.
  • skw0123skw0123 Member Posts: 33
    It would be irresistible to take a shot at Elon Musk if one had the mic. Perhaps George Clooney just saw an opening and went for it.
  • guitar39guitar39 Member Posts: 1
    Meaningless. We drove a Tesla Roadster 27,000 miles in three years
    with only one minor problem, immediately resolved by Tesla. We now have a Tesla Model S with 12,000 miles on it with never a problem.
    But, nobody cares, bevause I'm not the sexiest man alive. ;)
    Oh well, he trashes fellow actors and others, too.