Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

GM Recalls 2.7 Million Cars in Five Separate Recalls

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

imageGM Recalls 2.7 Million Cars in Five Separate Recalls

General Motors announced five separate recalls on Thursday covering 2.7 million vehicles, including the 2004-'12 Chevrolet Malibu, 2013-'14 Cadillac CTS and 2005-'07 Chevrolet Corvette.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    It's about damned time GM recalled their vehicles for brake light failures, and it should go way beyond the modles listed. I see many "Cyclops cars" with just the high level brake light working, and they are nearly always GMs. It happened to me with a GM I owned a few years ago. The switch for the brake lights was a cheap and nasty piece and easily knocked out of place resulting in no brake lights or turning them on permanently.
  • Options
    joe_scubajoe_scuba Member Posts: 2
    How many of these recall involve imported parts vs US made parts. Is it a poor supplier system or poor design.
    ISO 9000 has not help improve quality it replaced the old systems that had a real focus on supplier and company quality and went to a paper pushers system that in many ways over looks real production control. In the end we end up with second rate junk. Not just from GM either