Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Tesla and <em>The New York Times</em> Battle Over Model S Review

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Tesla

imageTesla and The New York Times Battle Over Model S Review

Tesla's CEO Elon Musk is disputing a negative review of the Model S that was published in The New York Times.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    My car says I'm a liar??? I need a car that doesn't kiss and tell.
  • gregnvgregnv Member Posts: 9
    Edmunds, maybe its time for an in-depth story about what car makers are recording about our driving habits. When Tesla complains that the test driver took a detour based on vehicle logs, what else do the vehicle logs tell Tesla. Did the driver stop at McDonalds, Hooters, a truck stop, a bar? Did the driver ever exceed the posted speed limit? How often did the driver brake suddenly? Does Tesla get the information real time, or when the car returns to the dealership? If Tesla gets the information real time, will Tesla know when the owner starts shopping for competing models when the love affair has worn off? Will Tesla share the driving data with the state, the NTSB, insurance companies? Food for thought.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I miss the good old days when journalists were only sued for making the gas tank explode.