Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Skinny Kia Hamsters Hard To Swallow for Some

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Kia

imageSkinny Kia Hamsters Hard To Swallow for Some

Kia is closely monitoring social-media reaction to its slimmed-down hamster pitchmen and discovering not everyone likes the new look.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• stxf150stxf150 Member Posts: 2
    Neither. The more I see said commercials, especially the fat ones with all of the jewelry around their necks, I can't help but think this is a jab at certain ethnic groups. What's worse, the groups I'm speaking of have no idea of what's going on.
  • metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    People are buying a car because they identified with....... hamsters? Really? And people are getting upset because the HAMSTERS are skinny? REALLY!?!?!?! Hamsters! I guess they're cute in the commercials, but personally every time I see them I think it's a stupid way to sell a car. I'm not a hamster, so why would I buy a car that's great for a hamster? It's probably powered by a hamster wheel, which is by the way weaker than a sewing machine. I hate that car, and I hate it even more because of the hamsters. I never "got" the Honda commercials either where all the people in the cars were dogs. Maybe it's just me. !#$%ing Hamsters.
  • sdaissdais Member Posts: 1
    i used to not mind the commercial so much but i could only picture dumpy people driving the car but now looking at those big headed skinny bodied hamsters, i can only see deformed people driving that car. fire whoever decided to use the hamsters in the first place.