Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

100 Greatest Supercars of All Time

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

image100 Greatest Supercars of All Time

Edmunds looks at the cars that pushed the automotive state of the art.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• empoweredbcempoweredbc Member Posts: 50
    I wonder what is the criteria they used to rank these cars. How would a LaFerrari be ranked over the P1 over the 918, when none of them have been driven?
  • gofortheneckgofortheneck Member Posts: 42
    "100 Greatest Supercars of All Time"? Really??!! This is how you waste your time AND ours??!!

All of the creative editors must have flown the edmunds.com coup. And articles like this one are what you get when you can't keep quality writers.
  • rks838rks838 Member Posts: 6
    Best 100 supercars?! Really narrowing it down...
  • 330i_zhp330i_zhp Member Posts: 55
    Fun to look at some names of cars I read about years ago, but have since forgotten about. I didn't find this to be a waste of time like others have...
  • tubybntztubybntz Member Posts: 11
    This list is too long. - Jon Man & Ed Ben
  • saunupe1911saunupe1911 Member Posts: 9
    The 1992 McLaren F1 is the greatest supercar. The Bugatti wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for the McLaren.
  • jimkwriterjimkwriter Member Posts: 1
    The Iso Grifo had a Corvette engine, but the chassis was Iso's own, designed by Bizzarrini.
  • bmwzimmerbmwzimmer Member Posts: 0
    I'm thinking the Tesla Model S deserved a spot on this list.
  • aj826aj826 Member Posts: 1
    What a sham.

First of all, more than half of those aren't "supercars". Even according to what you said about the Miura "defined the supercar as a midengine exotic" and yet cars like the GTR are there.

Also, veyron is the first million dollar car? The Mclaren F1 was. Do your [non-permissible content removed] research.
  • ford_hondaford_honda Member Posts: 9
    It is very subjective, but if you are going to give credit to any Corvette, the 1969 ZL1 Corvette receives my nomination for stupid fast super car. I am betting you forgot about it.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    The 308 wasn't considered a super car when it was new, it certainly isn't now.
  • mongoose4mongoose4 Member Posts: 1
    #78 needs to move up a few dozen spots as it epitomizes speed, beauty and design like no other ;)