Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Low-Emissions Vehicles Are the Dirtiest You Can Buy

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

imageLow-Emissions Vehicles Are the Dirtiest You Can Buy

Low-Emissions Vehicles are no longer very clean. They've been eclipsed by Ultra-Low-Emissions Vehicles and even Super-Ultra-Low-Emissions Vehicles.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Good Article. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but where did you get your numbers? Just curious, thanks.
  • tempesting_tempesting_ Member Posts: 17
    Good read.
  • bdj1bdj1 Member Posts: 1
    I wish you would fix the wrapping issue with the test under the images. It cuts off and I cannot fully read if it goes past two lines. I am viewing in Firefox 16.0.1
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    I remember back when I was in elementary school in the early 90s we still had smog days and the sky was brownish-orange at times. I give California a hard time for having the toughest, most expensive regulations while producing the worst results, and it still is pretty bad here but at least we have come a long way.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    @bdj1 +100. I have sworn off buying vehicles with CARB emissions after my experience with a 2001 Tahoe. It had NO part throttle response and consequently anything other than glacial acceleration required a downshift. That gets expensive with 4-speed box.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Good article, thanks for the retrospective. And thanks for sticking largely to the facts. There were several points in the article where I thought you were going to veer into politics by arguing whether some aspect of a regulation was justified, sufficient, appropriate, or sensible. By keeping it fairly objective you kept it in the realm of good journalism rather than OpEd.
  • joe_scubajoe_scuba Member Posts: 2
    Very long winded article that says nothing about the vehicles themselves.
    How about a chart showing what these cars and truck put out vs the same none LEV model??
    Or is the writer just blowing smoke. Facts are very important to an article like this and there are none.