Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Top 10 Vehicles for Seniors for 2009

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in General
imageTop 10 Vehicles for Seniors for 2009

If you're an older driver looking for a vehicle that's a good fit, you'll likely find what you're searching for amongst these 10 picks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• haydenreedhaydenreed Member Posts: 1
    Smartest Cars For Seniors-
    Unlike the makers of Geritol or Depends, automakers never target the senior market with their products. "Bunkie" Knudsen, the man credited with transforming GM's Pontiac division from a tired, dull brand of the 1950s into GM's excitement division during the 1960s is reported to have said, "You can sell an old man a young man's car, but you can't sell a young man an old man's car."
    This axiom proved so accurate that nearly every manufacturer AOL approached for this story prefaced their comments by saying, "We don't market cars for old people."
    What automakers do market, however, are vehicles engineered with physical characteristics that -- either by design or coincidence -- accommodate individuals with restricted mobility and reduced visual acuity. We find that's important not only for older people, but drivers of all ages.
    I recently had my service engine soon light come on. I'm not sure about you, but nothing can quite compare to the feeling of angst that occurs when this happens. I don't know about you but I am always struck..
    =================
    Parking Sensors