Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Jaguar XF Track Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jaguar

image2013 Jaguar XF Track Test

A track test of the four-cylinder 2013 Jaguar XF. Is the four-pot still a proper Jaguar, or a declawed kitten? We took it to the track to find out.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• carzrmylifecarzrmylife Member Posts: 1
    I couldn't believe it when I first read that Jag/Land Rover were going to be incorporating a V6 let along a 4 cyl. into there lineup...I would be VERY, VERY embarrassed to own and/or drive one of these cars. The whole point of owning a luxury car from a luxury brand is to have it all, including POWER and excitement...this is neither powerful nor is it exciting. It is tasteless and just for sales. Just like the FRONT WHEEL DRIVE Mercedes Benz CLA250. What a shame and brand suicide. All this does is sell more cars and smear the brand. Sad. And what was Cadillac thinking making the ATS/CTS drop dead gorgeous then producing a FWD "flagship" XTS? I just don't get it.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    This can be explained with four letters... CAFE.
  • custom_junkycustom_junky Member Posts: 2
    @carzrmylife
    I'm not sure what to make of your statement "then producing a FWD 'flagship' XTS". The XTS was never meant to be a flagship, nor has Cadillac ever claimed it to be. Cadillac has even been recorded saying that the XTS is not a flag
  • flapsmcgeeflapsmcgee Member Posts: 0
    Why is it never mentioned that this is the 2.0 Ecoboost engine from Ford? That engine is always getting complained about but when it is in a Jaguar it is ok.
  • custom_junkycustom_junky Member Posts: 2
    I've read several article reviews about the Ford EcoBoost engines, to include the I-4, and don't ever remember them complaining about it. In fact I think it is a good motor from the test drive the other day (Focus ST). So I'm not sure what you are referring too.
  • robertcrackerrobertcracker Member Posts: 5
    That is some ho-hum acceleration number, and this thing really is no better than the E350.

As for the CLA250 being crap? I wouldn't be so quick to judge without a review or actually test drive one myself.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    7.8 to 60 in a 4000 lb car on all season tires is honestly better than I would have anticipated out of a 240 hp turbo 2.0
  • 500rwhp500rwhp Member Posts: 99
    Jaguar apparently doesn't learn. When you produce ho-hum cars (reference X-type), people stop caring about you as a luxury brand. Pretty simple concept. Don't suck if you want to be lusted after.
  • carzrmylifecarzrmylife Member Posts: 1
    @500rwhp: I couldn't have made a better statement myself. Absolutely agree 100%.

@custom_junky: I redact my statement, whether a flagship or not it is there largest sedan and is supposed to compete with 750i and s550 etc. Front wheel drive and no powe
  • shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    Kind of suck when your 63k car gets smoked by a 22k Honda Accord, and is really worse in the slalom.