Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevy Corvette vs. 2012 Chevy Camaro Track Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevy Corvette vs. 2012 Chevy Camaro Track Test

Corvette vs. Camaro. Which one takes it? Find out how the new 2014 Chevy Corvette performed against the 2012 Camaro in our latest track test.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• 500rwhp500rwhp Member Posts: 99
    60-0 in 93'? Holy crap. That's impressive.
  • jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    High Praise for the pony car balance and feedback - I like reading that! Off topic: Did Edmunds home page just get a little harder to use? "What's Hot" is even more buried, now.
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    I know that it's been said countless times, but I'll say it anyway. 'The most capable sports car for the money.' In a cool way it makes me proud to be from the U.S. & equally proud that we still have a collection of engineers with the kind of talent & skill to keep improving on previous generations. And not just corvette, but all vehicles in all classes.
  • shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    The Camaro is no sports car, Reminder.
    Oh and both cars have just hilariously cheap interiors.
  • 330i_zhp330i_zhp Member Posts: 55
    @shatner - out of curiousity, since the Camaro isn't a sports car, what makes a sports car a sports car?

Also, have you actually seen the the new Corvette's interior in person? What about it makes it hilariously cheap?
    The Camaro is bulky and overweight, I would call it a muscle car but not a sports car. No I have not been in a new vetter, but the previous ones were junk and the new one has that same grey plastic and cheap looking controls that GM has been using for decades.
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    If GM invests more cash in upgrading interiors, how much more would prospective Vette & Camaro owners be comfortable paying? 5K? 8K I'm not interested in crappy interiors either, but if upgraded dashboards & door panels means less performance, count me out. Dollar for dollar both cars are powerful & capable American sports cars.
  • kooloukoolou Member Posts: 2
    I'm glad that the 2014 Corvette beats the 2012 Camaro which needed a supercharger but still fell short.
    I had a 2011 Camaro SS coupe with a 6 speed Hurst shifter and it still felt like it needed more power.
    I now have a 2007 Corvette Coupe with a 6 speed auto trans and it is faster than the Camaro.
  • kooloukoolou Member Posts: 2
    It seems that in almost all tests it is a 6 speed manual transmission against another car with the same type of transmission.
    I would love to see a 2014 Corvette coupe with a 6 speed manual going against a 2014 Corvette coupe with a 6 speed automatic transmission.
    There are certain advantages having a Auto Trans instead of the manual
    and I wonder if performance is one of them?