Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 SLP Panther Camaro Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 SLP Panther Camaro Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 SLP Panther 600 is the first Camaro I've driven with the MyLink interface. Generally, it works well, but the integration isn't totally seamless.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Does the knob have full range of adjustments between I, II, and III or just 3 discreet levels?
  • kyree_williamskyree_williams Member Posts: 0
    Very nice...except that the Camaro isn't an Australian car. It utilizes the Australian-engineered Zeta platform, but isn't Australian and doesn't use any of Holden's somewhat-unique electronics. It seems that the post-bankruptcy GM cars (Cruze, Regal, Equinox, Terrain, SRX, Camaro, etc...) were easily able to accommodate MyLink/IntelliLink and CUE when they arrived for MY2013. The easiest characteristic by which to identify these cars is that they all have an advanced LCD in the instrument panel, and do not use that four-button Driver Information Center. Most of the pre-existing vehicles that can't support the new infotainment systems have been or are being replaced. The only major cars that will still remain from "Old GM" are the Lambda CUVs (Traverse, Acadia, Enclave), which got a watered-down version of MyLink/IntelliLink when they were refreshed for MY2013, and that version is pretty much a plug-and-play kind of affair...and the Captiva, which was never going to get it in the first place.

What's interesting though, is that there are indeed ancient Australian cars in GM's lineup that were still upgraded for MyLink...chiefly the Chevy SS, Chevy Caprice PPV (for 2014), and the Holden Commodore series. Therefore, I'm sure that MyLink could have been integrated into *any* GM car...it just would have taken all-new wiring harnesses and on-board computers...
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Holy crap...look at that dashboard. Body by Fisher, interior by Fisher-Price. Maybe Chevy took that "Transformers" movie merchandising tie-in a little too seriously - ? Also $67k and it's got manual HVAC. There's American value for you.
  • kevm14kevm14 Member Posts: 423
    I gotta tell you, if you think SLP is in the business of making auto climate control, then I have a bridge to sell you.