Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 SLP Panther Camaro Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 SLP Panther Camaro Long-Term Road Test

This is the estimated average annual insurance premium being charged in your state. The premium has been determined based on annual premium data for defined coverages (liability, comprehensive and collision) from a major insurer.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• jeepsrtjeepsrt Member Posts: 88
    I wouldn't base Chevrolet's quality on a piece of plastic that can be kicked and accidentally break.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    jeepsrt, that may be true, but it's part of the overall package. The consumer doesn't care what part was designed by whom and came from what supplier. Steering wheel shroud pops off - it's GM's fault. Battery dies prematurely - it's GM's fault. Car delivers worse than expected mpg - it's GM's fault. Little plastic seat adjuster falls off - it's GM's fault. Some of us know that there are more details behind every failure, but for the majority of people it's just one more blemish on GM's quality reputation.
  • csubowtiecsubowtie Member Posts: 143
    Let's not forget that this particular car was the SEMA show model, which means there is a good chance the whole car was modified in about 6 weeks. People rushing to finish a show car for SEMA may have damaged a hidden component and not worried about fixing it before the big show.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @jeepsrt: Odd, it doesn't look like an easily kickable position. I really think that there is an other explanation. @greenpony: Adding to your conversation; GM, or any other company, can choose from whom they obtain parts, and which price/quality level th
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I think it's also important to realize that this $67k car is not like most $67k cars...it's a $44k car with $23k worth of performance upgrades, none of which do anything to upgrade interior quality. It's not going to have the interior of a fairly loaded A6, in other words.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    The fact that it was on display at a car show tells me everything I need to know. It was either broken or weakened there. I've seen horrors at car shows, even to cars not open for the public to sit in.
  • ttopjohnttopjohn Member Posts: 25
    I like to get to a car show on the first day if possible before the riff raff has stolen the radio knobs/seat controls/cigarette lighters/shift knobs etc.....
  • oachalonoachalon Member Posts: 12
    That piece clips in. Did someone take it or forcefully try and rip it off? The comments above about being a display car makes sense.