Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Live: 2014 Toyota Corolla & 2014 Mazda 3 First Tests, Cadillac ELR Price Video

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

imageEdmunds Live: 2014 Toyota Corolla & 2014 Mazda 3 First Tests, Cadillac ELR Price Video

Edmunds Live: 2014 Toyota Corolla & 2014 Mazda 3 First Tests, Cadillac ELR Price Video on Edmunds.com

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Oh! Please get the Defender, just because I think it would be rather comical knowing the Edmunds crew. "I couldn't get the bluetooth to pair..." "On-road manners aren't too good..." "Where are my upholders?" But I bet at least one of you would get attached to it after an off-road trip, the Defender is sneaky like that.
  • Options
    corollamikecorollamike Member Posts: 29
    Poor Corolla. What to do when a gang of desk jockeys take you for a spin and call you dull and boring? Nothing. Just keep being you, Corolla.

About your review of the Corolla, I must vehemently reject the notion that "the last car" was bad. You see, I own one, and it's a very, very good car--not because I own it, but because it is a very, very good car.

If Mazda wanted to sell more 3s, they'd make 'em like the Corolla.
  • Options
    corollamikecorollamike Member Posts: 29
    @quadricycle: LOL!!! "Couldn't get the bluetooth to pair..." Awesome! How about "Couldn't find its way to the pro shop"? Ha ha haaaaa!!!
  • Options
    yamahr1yamahr1 Member Posts: 9
    As a very happy Volt owner, I agree the ELR's announced price is shockingly high. But I'd wait until driving it before making any broad pronouncements about value for the money. And even on paper, I think if you look at the package compared to the spartan and limited range BMW i3, you can kind of see the price justification. If you compare it to the Chevy Volt at less than half the price (which IMO completely blows the case for the BMW out of the water), not so much. But again, I'm reserving judgment.