Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 SLP Panther Camaro Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 SLP Panther Camaro Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2014 SLP Panther Camaro continues the tradition of tuner Camaros.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• pakohotdogspakohotdogs Member Posts: 5
    What a wonderful piece Scott. Great story, great car, and great writing!!
  • evodadevodad Member Posts: 135
    Good story, sad to hear it was stolen. My father had a similar story, he wasn't the first owner but he bought a 68 gto from the 1st owner who had it built to 600hp either before taking delivery or immediately after purchase. Eventually it was stolen from my dad, unlike your father though his was recovered (wrecked) and he saw it get crushed at the junk yard...
  • cobrysoncobryson Member Posts: 110
    Major respect for this article, Scott. I really appreciate the time and effort that went into this post.
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Excellent story. More of this please!
  • donszr1_donszr1_ Member Posts: 7
    Great stuff! One possible critique, I'm pretty sure the 375hp 396 was only available with a manual trans, could the original 69 have been ordered with the 350 hp 396?
  • mansonjakmansonjak Member Posts: 1
    Both of these are super amazing cars and look amazing. I really like the older version and how it looks. I mean like I said they both look amazing and run amazing. I had one of the older models and have driven one of the newer models. I am actually thinking of getting a newer model as well too.
    Jak Manson | http://www.vleds.com/bulb.html
  • mboilymboily Member Posts: 15
    Nice write up! Thank you.
    Muscle car and father story are the best.
    I sure hope my sons tells this kind of story when his older...most of been just a great feeling to rebuilt this Camaro with your dad.
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    Great story. Puts a smile on any car hound's face.
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    Best story on edmunds in a long time. Hard not to be a father and really dig this.

Health and happiness to you and your father.
  • joefrompajoefrompa Member Posts: 64
    One of the best pieces I've read in awhile.

I really appreciate the quarter mile times. An 11.5 second quarter mile time in a street car is surreal, even today....but even moreso for a "raised street race" stance car on 1960s tires with 1960s stability and aerodynamic. Good God that scares me just thinking about it.

I would say the same even for 12.5 seconds, though obviously alot less powerful. A modern 12.5 second quarter mile car tends to be one that has either had very extensive engineering to keep it under control or is just quite hard to control. I can't imagine one from ~45 years ago.

This article, more than anything else in modern era, made me want to go out and buy a muscle car. Well done sir.
  • markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Just got done reading Muscle Car Confidential by your dad that I got for Christmas, so I was familiar with his BM Camaro and the loss of it. Great article, and I've been waiting for this story since you've been dropping hints for a few months now. Can't wait to get that HMM mag. Awesome.