Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds long-term update of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray includes discussion of installing a child seat.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107
    My C5 Z06 had LATCH anchors in the passenger seat and a third directly behind the seat in the trunk area. It also had the switch in the glovebox to disable the passenger side airbag. Used them multiple times with no issues.
  • Options
    stuntman_mikestuntman_mike Member Posts: 57
    I just RTFM. No LATCH anchors for C7. Reference Page 3-33.
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    I survived childhood with only seat belt locked car seats. They work when used right.
  • Options
    speednetspeednet Member Posts: 52
    Why on Earth would someone even *consider* installing a child seat in a 2-seat sports car?! Can't we please have some decent reviews here? Everything is a 2-sentence captain-obvious statement.
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    one thing i learned (2 years into my child's life) that helps a lot...

pull the shoulder belt all the way out and then it will enter a special retraction mode where it will hold its tension and won't release back out on you. makes installing a child seat so much easier.

thankfully the cars we own have LATCH but my in-laws don't. made a huge difference getting it tightened down correctly.
  • Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    As I understand it, LATCH was not to be more secure but to be more foolproof. Most people install car seats incorrectly when using the seatbelt. There are too many ways to get it wrong. LATCH (while occasionally a PITA) is much simpler in that there are 2 or 3 anchors and 2 or 3 clips. There's no threading the belt through the proper part of the seat or getting the right amount of slack and then tension. I have read that a car seat installed properly with a seat belt is actually more secure than with LATCH although I'm not sure how that can be.
  • Options
    dm7279dm7279 Member Posts: 63
    I'm with speednet. Kids are safest in back, period. If a two seater is your daily driver and your family has a baby, it is probably time to set the ego aside and at least have a second car that is more sensible.
  • Options
    v8vroomv8vroom Member Posts: 10
    My C5 has latches. There are slits at the back of the bottom seat cushion. Just need to slide the fasteners in to latch it. The kids love it!
  • Options
    notfastnotfast Member Posts: 93
    vettes and child seats do not go together, end of story.