Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

The Edmunds.com long-term 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray reaches 20,000 on its odometer months ahead of schedule.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Member Posts: 151
    How about keeping it an extra year? That'd be VERY helpful to us (since its a one-of-a-kind vehicle too) to see how it fares as the miles accumulate.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Cool.

Digression - but since there isn't a relevant place to ask this - what happened to the Tesla? There has not been an update in almost 6 weeks.
  • Options
    camsencamsen Member Posts: 15
    Shame the car is so ugly from the back. So incredibly ugly as to be embarrassing. It's like a four-eyed, bucktoothed, angry beaver. Just shocking.

As for the Tesla, it probably died again. Maybe they sold it. Who knows. They barely update these anymore. I don't know if it was a restructuring or what, but when they switched the site around, it all fell apart.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Another vote for the rest of the Tesla story.
  • Options
    kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Member Posts: 151
    @camsen - Wow dissing both the Corvette and the Tesla? Two of the greatest cars on the market today.
  • Options
    mrhpmrhp Member Posts: 6
    Driving around with rev match turned on? I thought this feature was universally derided by auto journalists who claim their own heel-toe skills were rivaled only by Hans Stuck?
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Alert, people - Mike Magrath tweet from May 16: "I've never heard that sound before." #Tesla service guy when we showed him the whine at WOT in the @edmunds #ModelS." Which indicates two things - Tesla Service Center guys can lie just as well as dealership service advisers, and the Edmunds LT Model S is getting ready for its 4th powertrain. Woo hoo.
  • Options
    camsencamsen Member Posts: 15
    The Tesla is a great car in some ways, sure. However, it's heavily subsidized so the real price is much higher than the selling price. It's also unreliable as can be, judging from this site's long term car. The Tesla has become the car of the upper middle class. I see them all the time as I work only a few miles from the Fremont plant. I don't see it as an enthusiast car but as a car that says, "I have arrived." Lots of smug-looking middle-aged mothers and white guys drive it. Too bad people will be arriving at the dealership most often. As for the C7, I haven't driven, but by all accounts it's an amazing car. That said, it needs a body kit badly. It's also just an evolutionary change over the previous model. Most comments I've seen have been along the lines of, "I can't wait for the C6 Z06 prices to drop." Too bad they didn't make it mid-engine. That would have been epic. Seriously, imagine an LS7 in a mid-engined, mass-produced car. What a missed opportunity! Anyway, I drive an FR-S and don't plan on getting either of those, ever. Maybe a C5 or C6 Z06.
  • Options
    azsoonerfanazsoonerfan Member Posts: 4
    How about we pay attention to the road instead of taking a picture
  • Options
    speednetspeednet Member Posts: 52
    @mrhp - It is sad how grossly misinformed you are. You obviously have not driven a Stingray, or else you would not slam one of the car's best features.
  • Options
    speednetspeednet Member Posts: 52
    Thumbs up to James for hitting 20,000 miles while traveling 79 MPH. Thumbs down for not being in Sport mode. ;-)

Hopefully people here will notice that the revs are only at 1600 while traveling at 79 MPH, due to the stingray's super-tall 7th gear.
  • Options
    willy69_willy69_ Member Posts: 2
    Let me know if you want to sell the Stingray after the test...I'd be interested.