Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you under 40 and think that you might not be able to afford a brand new vehicle when you purchase your next car? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by 12/16 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

After 7,500 Miles, our 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray gets its first scheduled service.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Cool, free oil change vs $1000 with the Porsche.
  • The service advisor asked if it has a V8?!?!? Run away!
  • cjasiscjasis Posts: 274
    I'm a hard core Porschephile but the reality of free maintenance for two years is hard to ignore when you compare the running costs of a modern 911S. Especially when you consider how many folks lease these days.

Kudos to Chevy/GM.
  • fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    Well, let's see - Corvettes have had nothing but V8s since...'55? '56? And I think Mobil has had entire advertising campaigns built around the fact that all Corvettes come from the factory with Mobil 1. That's just scary...
  • I would of said it had the V6 and sit back and enjoy as they tried to figure it out...
  • I probably would have walked out as soon as they asked me if it was a V8.
  • opfreakopfreak Posts: 106
    sorry this is special i4 version.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Posts: 799
    And I thought it was shameful when the person at the auto parts store asked what make my Miata was when I asked for an oil filter.
  • kevm14kevm14 Posts: 423
    Corvette's started with the factory fill of Mobil 1 in 1992 with the introduction of the LT1. They did not include an oil cooler but with Mobil 1 and engine oil temp monitoring by the ECM, it was deemed an acceptable solution.
  • dgcamerodgcamero Posts: 148
    GM has really reduced their oil change intervals these days...