Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

After 7,500 Miles, our 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray gets its first scheduled service.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Cool, free oil change vs $1000 with the Porsche.
  • subytrojan_2subytrojan_2 Member Posts: 79
    The service advisor asked if it has a V8?!?!? Run away!
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    I'm a hard core Porschephile but the reality of free maintenance for two years is hard to ignore when you compare the running costs of a modern 911S. Especially when you consider how many folks lease these days.

Kudos to Chevy/GM.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Well, let's see - Corvettes have had nothing but V8s since...'55? '56? And I think Mobil has had entire advertising campaigns built around the fact that all Corvettes come from the factory with Mobil 1. That's just scary...
  • jasond52jasond52 Member Posts: 37
    I would of said it had the V6 and sit back and enjoy as they tried to figure it out...
  • dmclone1dmclone1 Member Posts: 17
    I probably would have walked out as soon as they asked me if it was a V8.
  • opfreakopfreak Member Posts: 106
    sorry this is special i4 version.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    And I thought it was shameful when the person at the auto parts store asked what make my Miata was when I asked for an oil filter.
  • kevm14kevm14 Member Posts: 423
    Corvette's started with the factory fill of Mobil 1 in 1992 with the introduction of the LT1. They did not include an oil cooler but with Mobil 1 and engine oil temp monitoring by the ECM, it was deemed an acceptable solution.
  • dgcamerodgcamero Member Posts: 148
    GM has really reduced their oil change intervals these days...