Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2017 in Chevrolet
image2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Taking the top off in our long-term 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is easy, but the wind noise is a bit intrusive on the freeway.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jeepsrtjeepsrt Member Posts: 88
    In my C4 there is an attachment latch you can buy that keeps the rear window open a little bit and that helps with the buffeting, not sure if they have one for the C7 yet.
  • Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    Perfect for driving with the wife.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Between noburgers comment and the Camaro ride-height comments there are a lot of occupied couches in Edmunds Reader-Ville
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    I'm a bit surprised. I would have thought Chevy would have done some wind tunnel work with the top off, seeing it comes off, to prevent this.
  • Options
    autoaficionistautoaficionist Member Posts: 1
    Would the buffeting be mitigated if the windows were lowered all the way? Is driving around with the targa roof off but with the side windows up akin to driving a convertible with the top down and the side windows up (read: lame)?
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    This is proof that this car is meant to be a hard top only as it should be.
  • Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    @stovt001 no couch for me. terminal cancer has given me a lot of leeway. And in my Miata you can barely hear the radio with the roof down, so I'm used to the wind roar.
  • Options
    j_smith3j_smith3 Member Posts: 2
    Having to yell is a common problem that every roadster owner faces on motorways. I had it tackled by mounting a wind deflector. Probably a good wind deflector like the Windblox wind restrictor or something should solve the problem.
  • Options
    jwilliams79jwilliams79 Member Posts: 1
    j_smith3 said:

Having to yell is a common problem that every roadster owner faces on motorways. I had it tackled by mounting a wind deflector. Probably a good wind deflector like the Windblox wind restrictor or something should solve the problem.

Yeah, a wind deflector is a quintessential accessory for any roadster. In order to cut back the shudder and turbulence produced by the gust, a good wind deflector like the TopDown windscreen is a must.
  • Options
    t_andersont_anderson Member Posts: 1
    A silent top down drive can only be accomplished by installing a good wind deflector. I have mounted a Windblox wind deflector and it does the job well by cutting down the wind noise and turbulence.