Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

It took a road trip form Santa Monica to Detroit to convince Editor in Chief Scott Oldham to love our 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    The wheels would be less plain if they weren't black, especially on your dark green car. The only trend in cars I hate more than black wheels is the movement towards 19" and 20" wheels on conventional sedans and SUV's.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    The wheels would be less plain if they weren't black, especially on your dark green car. The only trend in cars I hate more than black wheels is the movement towards 19" and 20" wheels on conventional sedans and SUV's.
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    I wonder what Hyundai could do if it wanted to challenge the Stingray in a value proposition? The Genesis Coupe is not that kind of car. I know, it's a stupid idea that would never happen.
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    I wonder what Hyundai could do if it wanted to challenge the Stingray in a value proposition? The Genesis Coupe is not that kind of car. I know, it's a stupid idea that would never happen.
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    @noburgers: Interesting question. What would a Korean sports car look like? Do the Korean manufacturers actually HAVE a sports car identity? When I think "America", I think Corvette and Viper. When I think Japan, I think RX7 and S2000. And when
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    @noburgers: Interesting question. What would a Korean sports car look like? Do the Korean manufacturers actually HAVE a sports car identity? When I think "America", I think Corvette and Viper. When I think Japan, I think RX7 and S2000. And when
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    The new Vette is world class. GM has figured out the perfect Dr. Jekell/Mr. Hyde formula. It can run in beast mode on the track or your favorite 2 lane twisty road on the weekend and still be as comfortable as an Impala for the daily commute. Chevy engineers admit that they benchmarked Porsche for performance. Considering that no Porsche at the Vette's price can equal it's performance is quite an achievement. Porsche will never admit it but you know there is a couple of Vettes in Stuttgartt under the engineering microscope.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    The new Vette is world class. GM has figured out the perfect Dr. Jekell/Mr. Hyde formula. It can run in beast mode on the track or your favorite 2 lane twisty road on the weekend and still be as comfortable as an Impala for the daily commute. Chevy engineers admit that they benchmarked Porsche for performance. Considering that no Porsche at the Vette's price can equal it's performance is quite an achievement. Porsche will never admit it but you know there is a couple of Vettes in Stuttgartt under the engineering microscope.