Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Unlocked Door Anti-Lockout in the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• speednetspeednet Member Posts: 52
    I know, this is the most confusing thing in the manual. I still can't figure out what an "anti-lockout" is. I understand it needs to be off in order to do delayed locking (when you leave the car), but what does it really do when it's on?
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    That is funny. Rather than call the feature "Auto locking" had have people go 'oh, that sounds like a good thing to turn on' and end up with it locking the keys in the car and being mad. So they call it anti-lockout so people will go 'oh, I should keep that turned on because I don't want to get locked out.' But instead it ends up with double negatives. To quote Bill and Ted that is most non-non-heinous or possibly non-non-non-heinous
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    "had have" is code for "and have" - - an edit feature would be non-non-heinous
  • smrtypants44smrtypants44 Member Posts: 25
    The Anti-lockout means you cant lock the doors from the interior (keeps you from accidentally locking the keys inside the car)
  • brentsyversonbrentsyverson Member Posts: 1
    Smrtypants44 is correct. The feature, when selected, will unlock any door that is open when you hit the lock button. In other words you either have to be in the car with the doors closed or outside the car with the doors closed to get them to lock. It makes it much harder, but not impossible to lock your keys in your car.