Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds has been finding that people love the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray's styling. One editor feels the new body style is a bit over-contrived, though.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    I've seen a bunch of them now, and they do look great. One that I especially liked was in white with black wheels.
    Porsche pulls off that combo really well, as does the Miata CS (seriously!). And so does the Vette.
    The least impressive colour that I have seen interestingly was a red C7. It just did not do anything.
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    I'm a hard core Porschephile and I have to admit.... I didn't like the C7 the first time I saw it in pictures. I warmed up having seen it/sat in it at the car shows but now, I really like it. In fact, I was thinking today after seeing a C6 ZO6 on the freeway on the way into work today that now the C6 bodystyle looks very old and dated.

Great job GM. I still wish you kept the round tail lights but the styling has really grown on me.
  • nukedetroit2nukedetroit2 Member Posts: 27
    Ugliest 'Vette ever, which really says something. The C7 is nothing but an awful, subpar Detroit knockoff of a Nissan GT-R, and the fact so many seem to like the look speaks volumes of how many morons we've allowed to breathe and breed.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    In general I like the car and would happily keep it if given one (unlike say a Camaro, which I would immediately sell or trade for something else), but I don't love it.
  • markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    I go back and forth between really liking it, and being lukewarm about the styling. Hate black wheels on anything, period. So played. However, at this point I am hoping that the depreciation drops like a rock on C6's so I can grab one of those, esp. a ZO6 or Grand Sport. I still like that body style, esp. with the widened rear sides/flares.
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    The car generally looks very good when you see it on the road, but definitely the back end is the busiest part. If they got rid of/toned down the quad cannons and didn't stretch the diffuser black so far upwards, I think it would look nicer. As it is the car needed (well, not needed, could have used) new styling for the C7 generation but it could use some further refinement.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    The thing I don't care for with the styling is the rear badge. It looks too tall to me.
  • edbradleyedbradley Member Posts: 15
    Always nice to hear from the basement dwellers regarding a car they can't afford and haven't the common sense to appreciate, all while waiting for that perfect girl to stop by and sweep them off their feet.
  • edbradleyedbradley Member Posts: 15
    P.S. @Mr. Ugliest 'Vette Ever - Yada, Yada, Yada
  • bthayer23bthayer23 Member Posts: 4
    Why don't you lower the rear end? I thought the ride height was adjustable.
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    I'd pay a few bucks to watch edbradley and nukedetroit go at it. These guys are hilarious.
  • nagantnagant Member Posts: 176
    I liked the C6 much better but styling is very subjective. I find cars like the Aventador just hideous for example. I think that Chevy was trying for the "exotic" look actually. The fact that the Vette is really as good as it is, makes a lot of people that dont like American cars really, really angry......as is indicated by the post below.
  • nukedetroit30nukedetroit30 Member Posts: 2
    Eddie, poor Eddie... you have no taste in automobiles, but at least you may comfort yourself in knowing you're part of the moron majority in the U.S. Meanwhile, more discriminating types will never, ever consider a Detroit product for... anything.