Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

You expect the full-size 2014 Chevrolet Silverado to haul furniture without effort. But for many city-bound buyers, a mid-size is the right size for a truck.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    "We settled the west in covered wagons, spiritual ancestors of the modern-day truck." 1) Most of North America was settled (in low density) over 13,000 years ago by people who came from Asia. What do you mean by "We"? 2) This comfortable, softly sprung truck, at over 5,000 lbs; can only hold in payload half its own weight, has over 350 horsepower, cushioned and heated seats, air conditioning, and access to your Facebook and Twitter. It is not the spiritual ancestor of the covered wagon, if such a thing exists. As for your big sky place/big sky truck truck paragraph, that kind of romanticizing sounds like a truck commercial. I'd copyright that before someone's marketing team steals it. Regardless, I like that your compared the Silverado to the Colorado. For many of us, the smaller, lighter, cheaper midsize trucks make way more sense. A Tacoma is probably in my future, but I'll definitely be checking out the Colorado and Canyon twins.
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    Even if you have the 6.6ft bed you still have a SUT. If it doesn't have a full size bed (8ft+ bed) and its a half ton or heavier then its not a truck. I know I 'm a broken record here but someone has to speak out on this kind of dribble.
  • bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    dude ... get a trailer you was just 1 more thing from everything not fitting this doesent show off the trucks capabilities just your feeble tetris skills . also you guys should start buying trucks with bed liners this is like the 4th truck you guys have bought without one. (slo i rarely see trucks on lots without them how do you guys always manage to find the single ones without liners?
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Oh, Hybris, there you go again bothering folks with facts. ;-) Have to agree that for their size, many "trucks" and minivans have very small payloads. I'm not a big truck person because the 4x4 trails I visit are a bit tight for them.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I keep promising myself I'm not going to comment any more on what a pitifully small bed this truck has, but Edmunds keeps publishing more posts, exalting (they think) the truck's hauling capabilities, which in reality show up its LACK of hauling capabilities. That is too bad, because basically this is a really nice truck. And yes, get a bedliner.
  • spyderpaspyderpa Member Posts: 3
    I know many on here bemoan the lack of a full size bed on this truck (and others). For someone like myself, who still wants the truck for the versatility and capability but more frequently hauls people than cargo, the short bed and quad cab arrangement is a great compromise. As the author alluded to, having more options in the mid-size segment is a good thing for truck buyers who don't need the full-size behemoths.
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    @spyderpa If you want to compromise then get the extended cab/ 8ft bed combo you enough room to haul people and a proper bed. If not again as you said a mid size crew cab truck and I would add a trailer as well are a cheaper option and more in line with w