Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray Z51 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray Z51 Long-Term Road Test

Is the all-new 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray really deserving of its hype? We'll find out over the next 12 months in our long-term road test.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• skw0123skw0123 Member Posts: 33
    It kind of looks like a greenish smudge. Are you sure this was the color you wanted?
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    I'm absolutely NOT a Corvette guy but I think this is a really cool car at a great price. I sat in one on Saturday at the OC Auto Show and the giant, huge, monsterous leap forward in interior is immediately obvious to the eye, butt, fingers and arms.

One question: Where are the "bunch of straps and nets for the cargo area" that you paid for? I don't see them in the picture where of the trunk.
  • 4matthewsfx4matthewsfx Member Posts: 2
    This new Vette is one terrific car!!! It is cars like this that make me proud o be an American. Chevrolet seems to have really outdone itself with this car. The Dodge dealer I work at also has a Chevrolet dealership in the next town over, and I had the chance to drive basically this same exact car. It is just absolutely ridiculously fun to drive. I am a Ford man at heart, but they are missing out on this segment. Its ok tho because there can only be one Corvette, and here it is. Edmunds is going to have one fun year. Hey guys, try not to kill each other over the keys to this car, for you are all going to want to drive it every chance you get.
  • ds26hoonds26hoon Member Posts: 2
    a question (and apologies if this sound silly):

1. you have a 7-speed "thank-you" manual tranny. Why do you still have flappy paddles?
  • shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    black-painted wheels ($495) hah!

The 2LT package runs $4,210 and includes power bolsters and lumbar for the seats, a color-matched console, a bunch of straps and nets for the cargo area, power heated rearview mirrors, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, heated and ventilated seats, a Bose stereo with 10 speakers and a color head-up display

More crap! Get that Bose junk out of there!
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    Great color combination, I would option mine the same way. Who gets to do the first burnout??
  • jmessjmess Member Posts: 677
    You might want check your C6 Mag Ride trivia source. I had mag ride on my 2005 C6.
  • nuievenuieve Member Posts: 43
    Congratulations, I don't think you could've picked worse color for the Vette if you tried. If you put cow's skin on it, it'd still look better. But oh well...
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    What the hell did you do to your website this time? On Firefox I see the What's Hot front page from Friday. On Internet Explorer I see a completely different format for Edmunds and What's Hot, and when I try to log in get nothing. I swear you guys have the most incompetent IT staff outside of the federal government.
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    71K? I bought my house for 72K 10 years ago.
    Inflation!! Damn!