Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

image2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

If your car had a storage space under the seat, what would you put there? That's one of the questions the Dodge Dart asks and we don't have a good answer.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    The NC Miata has similarly sized compartments in the bulkhead behind the seats. Just like the Dart, the passenger has to get out (or just not be there) to access it. I keep a container of interior cleaning wipes in there. They're there when I need them, but I don't need instant on-the-fly access to them, so it works nicely.
  • Options
    smrtypants44smrtypants44 Member Posts: 25
    I have tons of stuff I keep in my underseat drawers in my car that I only use occasionally:
    Flashlight
    Tylenol
    Glass breakage tool
    Checkbook
    etc etc
  • Options
    nsense Member Posts: 5
    That space is good for: first aid kits, flashlight, and analog maps.
  • Options
    fsunolefsunole Member Posts: 25
    Lets be honest, it's where teenagers are going to stash their drugs.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    "I have tons of stuff I keep in my underseat drawers in my car that I only use occasionally...Glass breakage tool "

You've had to use a glass breakage tool occasionally? As in you've been trapped in a sinking car more than once? And in those occasions you've had time to reach under a seat to get the tool before saving yourself?
  • Options
    yaymx5_yaymx5_ Member Posts: 49
    @stovt001 When I was trying to fix a rattling piece of trim in my NC Miata, I took out the rear bulkhead for a few minutes. I noticed something interesting. The storage bins only fill a small amount (maybe 1/3 to 1/2) of the space under the convertible to
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @stovt001: That's exactly what came to my mind about the glass breakage tool! You and fsunole gave me a good laugh.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @stovt001: That's exactly what came to my mind about the glass breakage tool! You and fsunole gave me a good laugh.
  • Options
    fullrunxifullrunxi Member Posts: 5
    Drugs.
  • Options
    blue_stageblue_stage Member Posts: 2
    Maybe it's just big enough to visit the manual?
  • Options
    blue_stageblue_stage Member Posts: 2
    fit*