Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Chrysler 200 Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chrysler

image2015 Chrysler 200 Road Test

Edmunds' full test of the 2015 Chrysler 200 includes on-road driving impressions, specs, photos, instrumented test data and more.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• techman41973techman41973 Member Posts: 83
    With 9 speeds and other modern aero tricks, I'm surprised Chrysler couldn't have done better than 35 on the highway mpg.
    Perhaps a newer version of this 4 cylinder engine will be out 1-2 years that will fix this issue.
  • ed341ed341 Member Posts: 0
    Nice rental!
  • okbeartoyokbeartoy Member Posts: 34
    With all the problems this 9 speed auto caused on the Cherokee I am suprized the Fiat hasn't got it sorted out yet..
  • hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    Really improved design. The dark gray version is a looker. The black interior is REALLY dark. It's like the Bat Cave in there. A little splash of color might have done it some good (i.e. the cupholder and gauge cluster surrounding notwithstanding). I commend them for revamping the interior and exterior though. Nice job all around.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    I saw the 200 at the Chicago Auto Show and was really impressed. It's a beautiful design (not original, but still very attractive). It has one of the best center consoles I have seen in quite a while. And I did my standard test to see if I could adjust the front seat to comfortably fit my 6-3, 225 pound frame and still sit behind myself. The answer was yes, and most importantly, my head didn't hit the top edge of the rear window. Four average size adults should fit very comfortably in the 200. Kudos to Chrysler. This car would definitely be on my midsized sedan test drive list.
  • lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    Some other publishing's indicate the i4 to yield closer to 39 HWY, so the real production model will probably do better than this pre-production model. That being said, I would not be surprised if the V6 does even better than 31 MPG HWY. I had a 300s V6 with the current 8 spd and averaged 28 in mixed driving.

Not a big fan of the exterior, but I don't hate it either.
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    This car needs to join the LT fleet. Chrysler products are very appealing in the showroom. Long term durability and reliability are another issue.
  • adantiumadantium Member Posts: 42
    Porsche Cayman & Boxster GTS out today...nothin?
  • themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    "Virtually devoid of sharp corners or angles, the 2015 200 ushers in an all-new design language for the Chrysler lineup" and harks back to the '95 Ford Taurus
  • dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143
    Not sure there is really any compelling reason for someone to own this car over an Accord, Fusion, 6, or Optima. Exterior styling is nice, more modern than Accord but not as nice as Fusion or 6, but already looks already-done. The interior is nice, and ergonomically looks better than the Fusion, but I personally don't like the touchscreen. Also, I'm scared of how many folks get into accidents because they think they've put a car in D or R, but adjust the climate control instead. The only reason I could see would be in its driving experience. But it would be pretty tough to top the Honda, Ford or Mazda in that aspect.
  • engineer_mbaengineer_mba Member Posts: 11
    The new 200 looks like a very nice (if not outstanding entry) in this market segment. It is long overdue. I would be interested to know how the sport-tuned 200 S would fare in a road test or comparison. I am also wondering if the V-6 models should come standard with all-wheel drive. 295 hp is a lot of power to send to the front wheels. Nice car none the less.
  • sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    Oh man, all this time I thought the Speedometer was the instrument that goes up to around 10 and says 'RPM' on it. Silly me. Good thing Chrysler spells it all out. Other than that, a pretty gosh darn nice interior.
  • joellein_joellein_ Member Posts: 1
    Why isn't the Mazda6 a close competitor? Is the Mazda so much the leader in this category the this new Chrysler is not a close competitor to the new Mazda?
  • bb49bb49 Member Posts: 25
    I'm surprised that Edmunds failed to mention the Mazda 6 as one of the other cars in this class to consider. As I have driven and read every review on the Mazda and this is the absolute best in the class and I will buy one as it is superior to the Accord, Altima and Camry. (The icing on the cake is its styling is light years ahead of the dowdy and out dated styling of the aforementioned Accord,Altima and Camry.
  • maserati1234maserati1234 Member Posts: 2
    This is a nice car and I would buy this before I even buy an Audi.
  • maserati1234maserati1234 Member Posts: 2
    I love this car.
  • redgeminiparedgeminipa Member Posts: 74
    Bluetooth should be standard across the board. This isn't 2010 anymore. How much could it really cost? Maybe $5... but they'll want to charge you $299 + dealer install fee for it.
  • redgeminiparedgeminipa Member Posts: 74
    The Mazda 6 may be a nice car, but the rear seat area is probably the smallest in the class. My Sonata feels like a land yacht compared to it. On that topic, it wouldn't hurt to mention the Sonata/Optima as competitors as well.
  • markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Very nice looking, and the interior looks excellent. Looking forward to seeing it in person as far as dimensions and real size compared to others in this segment. So far, so good. Now, make it reliable and not a rattle-box a year out, and you've got a winner.
  • lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    @ Throwback - Reliability? I can't comment on the Dart, because don't own and don't know anyone who does own that car. However, I do know a few Charger, 300, and Challenger owners, and none of them have reported anything but positive reviews from their
  • cromagnum_mancromagnum_man Member Posts: 54
    I wish Chrysler would invest some time and money towards improving its online configurator. Once you select a trim and color then nothing ever changes. Want to change wheels? Can't see what they'll look like. Want to rotate the car to see a different angle? Can't do that either.
  • hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    Might be a dumb question...but can the rotary knob shifter be rotated while it's in Drive into a different position? I'm assuming there's something that would keep that from happening?
  • jerseyjoe_usajerseyjoe_usa Member Posts: 1
    What is wrong with the Dart? Profanity doesn't help make the point.