Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

Comments

• glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    Pretty solid.
  • nukedetroitnukedetroit Member Posts: 108
    Hardly. It's pretty goddamned pathetic for an econobox.
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    My 2010 civic has averaged 32.7 with 18 fill-ups. That's with 50/50 city highway. I don't baby it, but I probably don't pound it like the crew @ Edmunds does.
    I won't call the Dart's mpg impressive by any means.
    One reason Edmunds has to "pound" the Dart is because its powertrain is so woefully inadequate to begin with.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Imagine how much better that top mileage number would have been had Mark put the proper fuel, 91 octane, in this small turbo. Edmunds already know this is a must after their Cruze experience.
    Edmunds is driving the Dart (like the Cruze) as typical owners will, which means filling up with whatever's cheapest at Costco. I highly doubt the sub-600 beacon score types being shoved into Darts by unscrupulous Fiasler dealers really have the mental capacity to understand the distinction between 87 and 91 octane fuel.
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Wow, Mark set the benchmark best MPGs? What world are we living in?? Next thing you know, Travis is going to sell his Integra and buy a minivan
  • morrisg2_morrisg2_ Member Posts: 4
    It would be interesting to see what 91 octane does to the mileage before the end of the test period. A few tanks should be enough...