Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds adds a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 ZL1 LT Crew to our long-term road test fleet.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• mrhpmrhp Member Posts: 6
    "Square wheel arches over round wheels. Why?"

I have heard this similar sentiment mentioned in a couple publications and I just don't understand where it's coming from.

Chevrolet and GMC trucks have had squared wheel arches since 1973.

It's not a new addition to the styling. Did it just take everyone this long to notice?

Again... 1973.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    $100 for nitrogen in the tires? Wow, that is a whole new low for worthless dealer add-on's. I know you guys weren't a fan of the sterring on the current F-150, but I would love to see a LT test of the EcoBoost engine and whether it really delivers any fuel economy benefits in real use (I suspect it won't).
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    I find it amazing how technology & in this case, vehicle tech continues to be improved upon. Break-through designs keep customers interested in the "Next Big Thing". That being said, it is incredible how expensive vehicles have become. Trucks in particular seem outrageously expensive. I love bigger, faster, stronger as much as anyone, but $40k for a light duty truck is scary to me especially if owning a truck isn't a necessity. If you work in agriculture or the trades, the truck is a needed tool. To go buy groceries? Not so much.
  • joe_scubajoe_scuba Member Posts: 2
    Just another import.
    Can Edmunds please buy a couple less cars and spend the money on a website, or at least a comment system, that works? Why can comments be viewed on every story EXCEPT intro's like this one?
  • edriver2edriver2 Member Posts: 7
    So let me get this right. You ordered a Silverado that on paper is barely inline with the current F-150 that debuted quite a while ago, and then there is a new F-150 coming out that will be akin to stomping on a bag of kittens...
  • gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    Good choice of options. It's worth noting that your price is very close to the average transaction price of a pickup truck today (which I find staggering).

Autoblog's 2014 GMC Sierra test truck wouldn't start due to a faulty security immobilizer - how amusing. I hope you have better luck.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Blank post access comments due to no Comments button. Are you reading this, Edmunds?
    "Just another import." @joe_scuba Don't tell that to our buddy rope2, he might spontaneously combust.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    I'm looking forward to 12 months of complaints about how fullsize pickup trucks are poor choices for people living in a big-city metro area because they're tough to do u-turns on city streets, parallel park, navigate through tight parking lots, and fit into parking garages.
    "Just another import." Don't tell rope2, he might stroke out.
  • unionbusterunionbuster Member Posts: 42
    That dashboard still looks horrible.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    $99.95 for nitrogen?! Costco provides that for 'free'!
  • robs249_robs249_ Member Posts: 42
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    ONCE AGAIN!... Edmunds fails very very hard to buy a "Truck" instead of a truck they get a what amounts to a SUV with a open cargo compartment. I understand that you guys want a full size cab because it has the most features and is the easiest to live with for most of your editors, I have no problem with that at all.////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////I do have the problem of you guys skimping out and not getting at least a 3/4 or 1 ton that has a full size 8ft bed. Is it big? Yes but that's because of the cab and trim level you guys demand. Is it a pain to park? Maybe to a unskilled driver it is but other wise NO!//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////A lot of you are going to wonder why I am angry and I will tell why its because as a "Truck guy" I don't want to see trucks of this type passed off as heavy duty haulers for the everyman because they are not, when the bed is as short or shorter then the average American its too small and no running around with the tail gate down is barbaric and should be unnecessary.///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////In closing I say again Edmunds editors you guys don't seem to be able to grasp what makes a truck a truck. So I will tell you what it is from the POV of a "Truck Guy". A truck is a all purpose vehicle with only 2 weak points compared to other vehicles fuel mileage and size of the vehicle, it is the Boy scout of vehicles it is always prepared even if you only use its abilities once in a great while. To be all purpose a truck must have a 8ft bed or greater, 4 wheel drive, and a limited slip differential, Proper tires with generous sidewall, and the largest gas or diesel motor available from a given manufacturer. //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////Removing these means either compensating more in other areas to fill the weakness (Ex 2wd means tire choice is paramount and even more so with no LSD) or having to live with the lack of ability in the vehicle.//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////My last statement is your comment on "This makes the most sense both for our test fleet and for the types of trucks people are shopping for these days" is weak at best as most people buying truck are better served by other vehicles and you as journalists are only feeding this nonsense.------------------------------------------------------------------------------~Hybris~
  • rohitguptarohitgupta Member Posts: 1
    Good car
  • charlesocharleso Member Posts: 2
    I always loved most things about my Chevy Silverados I owned. One thing that bothered me, and I still see, is one of the headlights would always fail. Drive anywhere and you will notice GM trucks with one headlight out. It must be a systemic problem that I hope they have fixed. My last truck was a Ford F250 that I pulled a 25-foot trailer from my home in upstate New York to my mom's home in Chico, California. That truck didn't give me an ounce of trouble. My previously-owned Chevrolets would always have something break. It would be an annoyingly small problem, like my seat belt broke the first week I owned my Silverado; or, the windshield wiper motor would stop working. Fortunately, I always traded while still under the warranty. I love the Chevrolet Silverado but I have to admit the Ford truck has surpassed it in my book.
  • shoesus28shoesus28 Member Posts: 8
    Wonderful.

Share a website with you ,

( http://www.shoes2.us// )

Believe you will love it.

We accept any form of payment.

http://www.shoes2.us/Michael-Kors-Handbags-n2447/