Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

image2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

We get the Dart's door handle repaired.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• unionbusterunionbuster Member Posts: 42
    [non-permissible content removed] car, [non-permissible content removed] company, [non-permissible content removed] service. What did I miss?
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Is this the same dealership that took 4 weeks to order a windshield, and then forgot to wipe off that mold agent or whatever fordson1 said it was? If so, why do you guys keep going back?
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    This is surprising. Usually West LA dealerships are the epitome of fine customer service, exacting attention to detail, and reasonable pricing.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    @unionbuster: you missed the part where dealerships and manufacturers are not the same business nor do they have the same ownership.
    @stovt001: Wait, are you trying to use reason(!) to sway the opinion of someone who has repeatedly expressed disdain for products based solely on mal-interpreted sociopolitical factors instead of weighing those products' worth on their actual, individual
  • yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    @stovt001. They are separate but the factory has a big influence on dealers regarding training, warranty payments, etc.

Plus, if the factory built cars with fewer defects, there would be fewer unscheduled visits.
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    So apparently there is only one Dodge dealer in LA? Any where else you guys can go?
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    @ellowbal: Not really. This is just a crappy dealership under their own ownership. The factory has pretty much zero influence on dealerships, it's usually up to a separate division within the company that interacts with these dealerships, and even then th
    @quadricycle - By all means, once we can identify a single, actual, individual merit of the Dart, feel free to espouse it accordingly. To me this car is one of the most unnecessary product introductions in years, regardless of its [non-permissible content removed] heritage and obv
    @unionbuster: Let me say that I think the Dart is far from spectacular, it has its strengths and it has its weaknesses, but if all I have to do is provide "a single, actual, individual merit of the Dart", then that's actually really easy: It's b
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    Edmunds has been reporting bad service from Buerge for as long as I've been following the long-term tests (from the original blog, to Inside Line, to this current mutant format). Edmunds staff can now be clinically diagnosed as masochists.
    Whoop-dee-doo. It brakes well. Edmunds has also shown that the Dart breaks well, and often.

Since I don't know anyone who drives a $22K brake pedal, I maintain my conclusion: this car is junk, and an ominous portent of what we can expect in the future from Fiasler. Anyone who believes otherwise is either a hopeless Detroit fanboi, or has made a poor purchasing decision that they're trying to reassure themselves about. Which one are you?