Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

image2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Driving to Vegas in our 2013 Dodge Dart, there was a sighting of a Laguna Blue Dart. And, whoa, is this thing blue.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Meh, not bad, it wouldn't be my choice, but I wouldn't make fun of anyone who chose it.
  • nukedetroitnukedetroit Member Posts: 108
    I make fun of anyone caught driving a Dart.
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    I applaud Dodge for at least offering different colors. This country is awash in a sea of grey, silver, and black cars.
  • glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    From the photo it looks pretty much identical to the blue from the Gulf Livery. So what's the problem?
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    I'm sure it's not the most popular color but there's nothing wrong with giving people choice. I'm not sure I've seen anything like this on anything other than a Geo Metro.
  • actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    I've seen lime green and orange driving around and on dealer lots. I, too, am tires of grilver, black and white. I think our eyes can see color, last I checked.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• oldparnelloldparnell Member Posts: 37
    This blue would be a welcome contrast to the earth tones of Vegas neighborhoods. Just don't paint your tract home this color.
  • bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    If one is inclined to blue there is also True Blue and Blue Streak, which are darker. Some manufacturers seem to feel that small cars in the US have to come in neon colors when alternatives to the typical greiges are offered, and the Dart has greater choice than some. I think the Focus or Fiesta might look great in Dark Side (dark-blue-almost black) or Sunset (blood orange), but those are only available on larger vehicles.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Definitely not my choice (I'll take green or a darker blue, thanks) but I very much appreciate Dodge for offering colors, and for buyers supporting colors with their wallet. The light pastel-ish blue on the VW beetle is a little nicer.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    It's nice to see an automaker offer a halfway-decent color palette. I'm tired of seeing 50 shades of gray everywhere.
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    Thumbs up to Dodge for color choices. That said I saw this and the first thing I thought about was Jeff Dunham's skit about having to drive his then wife's powder blue Prius and all the negative attention that got.
  • camrydriver69camrydriver69 Member Posts: 54
    The Dart has some interesting colors available like Orange, Lime and Laguna Blue. They look really good in those colors as well. Most automakers just offer black, white, silver, blue, maybe red.