Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevrolet Silverado First Drive

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Silverado First Drive

Edmunds conducts a first drive of the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado, which has been fully redesigned this year.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• blackdynamite3blackdynamite3 Member Posts: 5
    I am somewhat surprised even after a redesign, these trucks can't pass the J2807 SAE Tow test to validate those alleged tow ratings. Ford obviously lied when they said they'd be SAE-compliant by 2013, but they have a sliver of a loophole not having a new vhicle available until 2015. It's a bad excuse, but Ford will use any excuse they can find to avoid lowering their numbers. GM doesn't even have a bad excuse
  • ne_blackshirtsne_blackshirts Member Posts: 56
    What an insult to Porsche comparing gm crap to an engineering marvel like Porsche. The only thing I have read so far that is kind of neat was the LED lights in the bed. That I think might be the only new idea GM could come up with for its new trucks. By the way I have never ever read or seen a GM truck come even close to its highway rating. We have six 2010-2012 Z71 trucks in our company fleet and we just bought a 2013 F150 with the 5.0 and so far it has been way better than the GM trucks. Four of the GMs have had lifted issues one was at 10k miles!! Fix your lifter problem and be innovative then we might come back GM.
  • engineer_mbaengineer_mba Member Posts: 11
    The front end doesn't have enough chrome.....I think they missed a spot!!! Just kidding. This is a pretty well executed evolution of a good truck (advances in fuel economy, design, attention to detail, utility, etc.). I am not a pick-up truck fan, but I am interested in the 5.3 liter V-8 which will supposedly be used in some form in the "rumored" less expensive version of the new Corvette.
  • scoopyexscoopyex Member Posts: 31
    same old overpriced, over-engineered junk GM has been pedaling for the last 30 years. you pay more for a truck that will willingly turn on service engine lights, have chronic evap leak issues, loose abs sensors and hubs at random, have air bag issues, and periodically refuse to run over idle enough for the driver to reach cruising speed. GM is still pushing the Vortec engines because they are cheap to make, and the average consumer who buys this crap, is too stupid to realize there are better more trucks from Dodge and Ford for less money.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Seems like a good, honest effort. You can tell the interior was stepped up, even if it is comprised of some really awkward looking shapes. The only thing that stood out to me is that they put the low beam projector as high as possible, which blinds other, lower, drivers more often; and the high beams are in the low slot instead of being placed as high as possible for better range. I'm not happy about that.
  • canddmeyercanddmeyer Member Posts: 410
    If this was the old Inside Line there'd be 100 posts already. So far I like the truck, but it's the upgraded chassis, brakes, steering, etc. I'm interested in. Don't care so much about the HP #'s. Bring back IL.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    That grill with the hexagonal mesh is BALLS! Wish a few other makers would take a lesson. *Cough*Jeep*cough*.