Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

image2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Our 2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye has a backup camera, which is great, but the image resolution is poor in low light.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    Wow...that look like complete garbage.
  • Options
    canduranducandurandu Member Posts: 6
    Ask your video department about this: When a video camera needs to expose an image with little to no lighting, it increases the sensitivity of the image sensor to light (called "increasing the gain"). This introduces noise, seen as the snow in your image. It might be ugly, but you can still see enough not to back into a light pole. The camera is doing what it's supposed to do.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Well as previously noted the Dart apparently has rather good rear visibility so no need for the camera.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    Did you try cleaning the camera?
  • Options
    glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    Agree with candurandu. Looks like the sensor is not sensitive enough and is seriously overexposing to make up for it.

Our CX-5 displays similar behavior (as will many systems), but perhaps not quite this bad.
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    " The camera is doing what it's supposed to do." It is doing what a cheap camera is supposed to do. I've backed up with nothing but the backup lights illuminating behind me and the camera in my car doesn't do that. And since they said it didn't do that before maybe it is something that isn't adjusting for the light as well as it did before.