Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

image2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Our 2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye has a 1.4-liter turbo engine that feeds dual exhausts, but the outlets in the bumper are exaggerated.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    A nicely shaped and polished surround is fine for the reasons you mentioned. But when they start doing things like adding a second to make a single exhaust car look like it has dual exhaust, or even worse, when the IS-F fakes having a quad-exhaust, then it still bugs me.
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    You're right Dan, I never even realized they were "fake". And it doesn't hurt that the 1.4T Dart has such a nice exhaust note.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    I'm mystified as to how such a design can pass a safety inspection (such as in PA), since that exhaust tunnel could route exhaust gases underneath the vehicle almost as easily as it could send them out behind it.

Maybe its open enough to not matter.
  • Options
    bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    I am glad that you have seen the light and accepted that designers have been doing this since at least the early 1950s. Now, if only the Dart had matching dagmars on its front bumper... ;-)
  • Options
    ajac03ajac03 Member Posts: 37
    Not to mention it gives the car a much sportier look. If the exhausts "were" really that big, it would probably sound obnoxious anyways..
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    I never quite understood why people got so bent out of shape over 'fake' exhaust tips vs 'real' ones. The cosmetic duals looked good, had no negative impact on performance, and the less fancy muffler is probably cheaper to replace. What's the problem?