Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

image2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

The Dodge Dart has several sharp spikes hanging down into its trunk. Cargo loaders beware.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Ouchee. Also, not only is there a lot of painted metal in there, but a lot of the painted metal...isn't really painted that well. Those two spot-welds on the left are already starting to rust - ? I know cars in this class are built to a price point, but the Dart seems a little more ruthless than most.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    They should have skimped a little on the under-body aerodynamics and covered the spikes that could impale you. It's hard to tell in the picture, but those look genuinely dangerous.
  • hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    Duct tape those things!
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    Where is the safety recall?
  • oldparnelloldparnell Member Posts: 37
    What are the spikes holding - speakers or something. I'm not sure if greenpony's comment was in jest or serious, but I've seen recalls for far less dangerous items. Not a good, safe trunk for Takahashi either.
  • xianshepxianshep Member Posts: 5
    Hammer those things flush! (My God, HOW could they consider that acceptable?)
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Man, I don't remember anything that dangerous looking on cars as far back as the 70s when I was a kid and parents letting kids play in car trunks was considered normal and not something your neighbors would call 911 to report. Dodge should hammer those tabs flat, put a rubber fitting around them, something!
  • preed4962preed4962 Member Posts: 10
    I had to come back to find this post. My Dart GT built on 8/3/13 still has these tabs, but they are no longer pointed, but squared off at the ends. Still not ideal, but better than being pointed at the end.
  • dart_mouth13dart_mouth13 Member Posts: 1
    My Dart GT also has the updated, squared off clips. No longer a Dart-attack waiting to happen in the truck.