Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

Comments

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Trolling for comments today Josh? There is no 'right' there is only preference.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    13 words and a picture, you are too kind. I know, I know. I'm pretty hard to please...
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Oh look! A piece on manual shift lever operation on auto transmissions. Never seen that before on InsideLine/What's Hot. Insert "dead horse being flogged" emoticon here.
  • emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    You're baiting us with an old classic, but guess what? You killed Insideline, so there's no one here anymore! That's why you only have 4 comments instead of the 50+ this would have generated before! And by "you" I don't mean Josh, I mean whatever faceless, soulless, binary-thought number-crunching entrenched corporate overlord made this decision. It wasn't you, was it Josh?
  • stradovinski13stradovinski13 Member Posts: 2
    emajor.....I was just thinking the same thing. Used to read this site all the time. Now it's just not laid out very well. This is my first time back in a while.

Read part of article, click to see more, scroll back up to top to click for comments, then back your way back out.

I wondered if I was the only one, but after reading your comment, you're right, in the past there would be waaaayyy more comments.

Kinda sad, I really enjoyed this site in the past.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    emajor and stradovinski13: +1. I still read the posts on the long term cars because its a unique opportunity to see what it's like to experience these cars on a daily basis. But the new format absolutely sucks. It's harder to get through and the comments community has been all but killed. (Strange strategy in a time where most sites are looking to enhance their social presence.) I would say that this site is laid out worse than the worst laid out transmission lever pattern.
  • huisjhuisj Member Posts: 1
    I still think the stupid layout was designed to make people have to make the maximum number of clicks to do simple things like read a single article and scroll through comments. The more clicks the more revenue, right? (Or maybe not if the number of people participating drops drastically...)
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    For what it's worth, when reading on a computer you can easily skip to the comments by clicking on an article, then going up to your address bar and adding "-commentspage" (without the quotes) before the .html.
    @bankerdanny Putting it to "The Man". Love it, like running your computer without cookies most of the time. Take that, invasive websites.
  • evodadevodad Member Posts: 135
    Yes!
  • jjacquotjjacquot Member Posts: 16
    I got you. All of you. Even you, Evodad.

And, yes, Dodge got it right.

Josh
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    1. For what it's worth, I received a survey from Edmunds a couple of months ago, and I eviscerated them regarding the demise of IL, the pain of navigating the current LTRT section, and their overall horrible site design. 2. Now I can see why Chrysler previously avoided the up-to-downshift controversy by having Autostick go left-right instead. :P
    @misterfusion On point #2, ROFLMAO!!
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    I like it this way, as 1st gear is up (-), 2 down (+), etc.

Josh, what happened with the Miata posts?--none since July.

Ditto on all the other site gripes. Living with it for the most part, but there only seems to be fewer regular commenters compared to IL. Much better than the first painful month--the poor transition resulted in a great loss of followers.