Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

image2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Numerous weekend errands in the 2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye racked up a $50 fill-up on Monday morning.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    A respectable 31mpg combined for a small car with a 1.4l engine?

Maybe I am jaded, but I just got back from England where a car of this size/capacity would get about 60mpg on the combined rating.

What are we all missing here?
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Now that's a good realization the Kelly! The most effective way to save money is to drive less. Obviously you save gas, but if your annual mileage goes down so will your insurance, you'll buy less wear items (tires, brakes...) and you car will accrue mileage slower, thereby pushing back that big purchase price of a new car.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    I don't know why I said "the Kelly".... Ignore that please.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    @desmolicious A European 1.4 car does not have the same amount of lard or space as a Dart. As for Kelly and her running around, how can errands be necessary and gratuitous at the same time? I come from Europe so I plan my trips to do more than one chore w
  • Options
    glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    @desmolicious Some combination of a US Gallon being ~83% the size of an Imperial Gallon and European fuel economy ratings being notoriously optimistic.
  • Options
    tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107
    It costs me around $58.00 to fill my 2010 Jetta TDI with 14 gallons of diesel and I'll have 500+ miles on a tank. Using 500 miles for math it works out to 11.6 cents per mile. Last time I filled I think I paid $4.09/gal but then again I live in Upstate NY.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    @ gloss

Fuel is measured in liters everywhere in Europe, including the UK.
    I converted liters to US gallons. 1 liter = .264 gallons.
    All the compact cars I rented (Renaults, Citroens) easily broke 60mpgs. None of them were diesels or hybrids.
    Unles
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    My Leaf costs about $0.03/mile at western PA electric prices. Your Tesla Model S is probably $0.08/mile at CA electric prices, or $0.04/mile around here.

If I'm going to get 27 mpg in a car, I'd want it to be a more enjoyable ride than the uninspiring Dart.