Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

image2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

I do like our 2013 Dodge Dart. But if I were buying a small sedan today, the Dart wouldn't top my list.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    i am dissapoint this (next?) the multiair turbo engine is only available in the one trim level that not only looks horrible it is only 500 cheaper than the rallye model that has all the cosmetic options and more features but you get the boat anchor engine. so considering the dart i want does not even exist anymore i would say i would skip it also. 4 door family cars under 20k i really can't say there is one i would be happy about purchasing they are all kinda meh i really like the fiat 500 but that would be very impractical as an only car
  • skoprowskiskoprowski Member Posts: 9
    For 2014 they lowered the price and added the 2.4 mulitair as the main engine along with changing the gear ratios so it exceeds the highway mileage of the 2.0. They also improved the seats and the dash for 2014. They are trying. I have a Limited with the 2.0 and 6 speed auto for almost a year. I have had no handles falling off, never cut myself on the trunk and have had zero powertrain issues. It may not be the fastest with the 2.0, but it has smooth linear power and good highway passing. Over 19k miles my overall mpg is 31. The 1.4 turbo is not a good fit for the car, the 2.4 is. I would suspect if you had a long term 2014 Dart SXT with the 2.4 and auto it would be a drastically different situation over the 1.4 and DDCT.
  • ajac03ajac03 Member Posts: 37
    @bassrockerx What in the world are you trying to say?
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    They just need a Dart SRT-4.
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    I'm mystified why people are disappointed or scornful of the new 2.4 (one auto mag was sad that the Dart was getting "only" a 2.4). That engine has close to the same output as the base engines in the Malibu, Camry, Altima, etc., and destroys what you'll find in a Corolla or Sentra -- you know, those other popular cars in the Dart's segment. The only thing I really like about the 1.4 turbo is the exhaust note, but I guess I'd be willing to give that up for an overall better car.
  • emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    misterfusion: Auto mags suck. They are inconsistent, often biased, and have to manufacture both outrage and ecstasy in order to form a point of view "interesting" enough to write articles from. I am looking forward to seeing what the 2.4 does for this car.
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    If the Dart can gain a foot hold then they will make turbo kits for the 2.4 and such and we can all be happy that we got the bigger motor once that mod has been done.