Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Ford Focus ST Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2013 Ford Focus ST Long-Term Road Test

A discussion of the cargo capacity in our long-term 2013 Ford Focus ST hatchback.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    se_riouslyse_riously Member Posts: 94
    So your tune is a different one now, because either (1) you came in with reasonable expectations this time around, or (2) the Focus "magically" increased its cargo capacity. Somehow, I suspect it's the former and not the latter.
  • Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    Is it just me, or is the weather stripping coming loose on the lower side of the hatch opening?
  • Options
    glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    @se_riously Could be both. The car has below average cargo capacity with the seats up, but a pretty good amount with seats down.
  • Options
    snowpuffersnowpuffer Member Posts: 1
    In my base ST, the rear seat cushion can be pivotted up and rotated forward into the footwell. To do that, you grab the seat cushion from the back near the center seatbelt buckles and pull it up and forward. Doing so allows the rear seatbacks to fold down further to form a flat loading floor. This increases cargo space even more than just folding the seatbacks. I don't think the Edmunds staffers are aware of this feature.
  • Options
    glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    @snowpuffer Wish my Fiesta ST had the same feature. The load floor is easily the car's worst quality.
  • Options
    evodadevodad Member Posts: 135
    I hope you guys follow up with a fiesta st, would be nice to see your thoughts on it in comparison to the focus
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    snowpuffer, both staffers who offered critiques were unaware of this feature. You're right.
  • Options
    petejoshpetejosh Member Posts: 8
    Make up your mind, jack stand.