Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Ford Focus ST Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2013 Ford Focus ST Long Term Road Test

Our 2013 Ford Focus ST has small blind spot mirrors like a lot of other new Fords and I really like them.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• wizard8873wizard8873 Member Posts: 20
    Since I haven't had a chance to drive a car with these types of mirrors, I've always wondered how these compare to setting your mirrors to cover the blindspots. I've always had mine set where if a car is leaving the coverage of the rear-view mirror, they're seen in the side-view mirrors. once they get close enough where they leave the side-view mirrors, i can see the car out of the corner of my eyes. I still turn just to make sure but it works well in case of emergencies.

http://www.wikihow.com/Set-Rear‐View-Mirrors-to-Eliminate-Blind-Spots
  • cotakcotak Member Posts: 89
    These blind spot mirror and blind spot warning system are for people who don't know how to set their mirrors. Any car if the mirror is set properly have exactly the same result as setting incorrectly and using these blind spot helpers.

People stick those convex helpers on their car already. And I have noticed that the bigger the add on convex helpers the more likely they were to try and crash into you.
  • fortstringfortstring Member Posts: 111
    Still pretty sick. A lot less obnoxious than the blind spot additional mirror up the front on JDM cars.
  • aaronleongaaronleong Member Posts: 3
    I have dual purposes for my add-ons, which I install on the in-board corner of the each mirror. First is for its obvious purpose. However, I also use it to gauge parking lines of a parking space. I have a long car (2001 Audi A8L), so it's a nice tool to be able to line and center the car in the space.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Is there a standard mirror available for those of us who know how to set our mirrors correctly in the first place?
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    80% of that IS the standard mirror. Is there one that lacks the little blind-spot inserts? No.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    80% of that IS the standard mirror. Is there one that lacks the little blind-spot inserts? No.
  • fizzump04fizzump04 Member Posts: 6
    I find that extra inset mirror really annoying. A properly set side mirror already sees your blind spot. There's plenty of articles online on how to do this. So having this extra mirror just makes the main mirror smaller. Overall, these are worse than standard mirrors.
  • usa1fan_usa1fan_ Member Posts: 19
    If you have the technology package (Ford Escape, at least), you don't get the 'helper' mirrors. Instead, you get the indicator light that warns if there is a vehicle in the blind spot.
  • wyattfwyattf Member Posts: 11
    Ditto! I originally thought they'd be pointless, but in less than a day, they were a very appreciated, very integrated, very useful feature that I lament the absence of when driving other cars now.