Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Ford Focus ST Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2013 Ford Focus ST Long Term Road Test

We look at the Focus ST's polarizing Recaro seats, from a passenger's perspective.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• wyattfwyattf Member Posts: 11
    Much ado about nothing. The bolsters will and do relax with use, to the point of being comfortable to even those of us that sit "on" the seats more than in them, but while still maintaining their supportive and secure qualities. I'm a big guy (read: FAT!) and have found the ST RECAROs wonderfully supportive and comfortable (after about 6 weeks of daily break-in). Move on...
  • askeeveaskeeve Member Posts: 1
    Hi there, I'd just like to note that I'm 6'5" and 280lbs. I definitely qualify as "stocky". I can certainly imagine the Recaro seats being a little better fitted, but (and I recognize this may be buyer's rationale) I don't feel uncomfortable in this car at all. I was actually very surprised by the legroom, and I find the bolsters are much more comfortable if you sit up straight, which has the added benefit of making you more alert and reducing back stress.
  • don_83don_83 Member Posts: 2
    I agree 100% with him, I am 6' 3'' 265, Weightlifting since I was 17. I sat in the ST for quite a bit on different occasions. The seats leave a lot to be desired for any one over 6 feet. I like the rest of the car a lot and the seats would probably be a deal killer for me. Now what FORD could do it build softer bolsters that fit people of different dimensions and cover their needs. I was very comfortable in Speed3 and GTI