Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Ford Focus ST Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2013 Ford Focus ST Long Term Road Test

The 2013 Ford Focus ST is a great car for the back roads and that's probably where you'll have the most fun in it.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I'm not sure how the gear changes can be too abrupt - it has a manual transmission.
  • glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    Maybe he's talking about the clutch take-up. I didn't have any issues with it on my test-drive, but I'm also so out of practice with a manual transmission that I probably wouldn't have been able distinguish between my terrible shifting and the car's. :)
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @gloss: Friend of mine recently bought a Dart with a manual. I couldn't tell if it was the car or him... I didn't ask, not because it might insult him, but because it might rain on his new car parade.
  • glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    Yeeaaaaah. I'm waffling between an FR-S and a Focus ST for my next car and the thought of the first week of ownership is already giving me cold sweats.

I'm probably going to drive from the dealership to an empty parking lot and just grind the clutch for four hours straight.
  • flybigrcflybigrc Member Posts: 8
    I agree; cruising down the highway or a country road on a weekend drive is the best way to enjoy this car.

I got stuck on the highway in stop and go traffic due to construction and all that shifting reminded me of why people complain about manuals. Luckily this is a very rare occurance for me :)

6000 miles and going strong!
  • cuselancer17cuselancer17 Member Posts: 53
    Pulled into Walmart the other day and immediately spotted the tangerine Scream paint on one of these. In a sea of Blandness, its cool to know exactly what a car is from a distance.
  • bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    this is kinda wierd because as an outsider i see all the tech that goes into the electric steering rack and the simulated LSD and i think of the nissan GTR and to paraphrase jeremy clarkston "drives like a sewing machine" but aparently its very good. i just could not live with a focus hatchback the blind spots in that car is MADDENING
  • davidcyidavidcyi Member Posts: 2
    test
  • wyattfwyattf Member Posts: 11
    Welcome to the cool kid club. ;)