Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Ford Focus ST Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2013 Ford Focus ST Long Term Road Test

We may not have a back-up camera in our 2013 Ford Focus ST but there are other small things that help you parallel park it in the city.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• alex4515alex4515 Member Posts: 29
    Curbing wheels sucks. I can't imagine how mad I would be if I curbed the wheels on my car, let alone something brand new and/or more expensive.
  • hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    Are you sure the rim wasn't scraped up? Looks like there could be a chance where the rim might've still scraped the curb. Hope not though.

Definitely like the rim protector design of tires today. It's all dependent on the tire manufacturer. I've purchased the same size tire before for the same rims, but one manufacturer will have it and another won't. I even purchased tires that specifically stated that it had a rim guard feature, but the rim sat flush with the width of the tire.
  • sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    Argh, just stay away from the curb in the first place! You have 18 inches of leeway before you get a ticket in California.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Yeah - you don't have to be that close. The passenger-side mirror is of no use to you in avoiding contact with the car behind, so might as well put it to better use - tilt it down and keep an eye on the curb. The biggest danger you faced here was not bumper-to-bumper action, though...it was bumper-to-trailer hitch action.
  • shepskishepski Member Posts: 45
    First time I've EVER read a review crediting the Focus ST as having a small turning radius - usually it's exactly the opposite (because the truth is it doesn't).
  • wdrauchwdrauch Member Posts: 22
    x2 Shepski. IMO, the turning radius on my ST is not in any way small. However, the steering ratio is very aggressive. Maybe, that helps balance out the large turning radius when parallel parking.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Must be a Ford thing. Our Taurus wagon has the turning radius of a damaged aircraft carrier.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Also I think cars look weird with all wheel and no tire. I'll take a nice meaty sidewall for the ride AND looks any day.
  • wyattfwyattf Member Posts: 11
    Had the same experience. Ford got the tires right on the ST in more than one way for sure.