Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Ford Focus ST Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2013 Ford Focus ST Long Term Road Test

Read daily updates on our long-term road test of the 2013 Ford Focus ST and follow along as our editors live with this car for a year.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    usa1fan_usa1fan_ Member Posts: 19
    I can't wait to see your results. I like the SYNC concept, but in my '13 Escape, I find it a bit inconsistent. Saying something like 'Play genre rock' or 'play artist daughtry' might work one time, and have it giving you lessons on what you can say (and telling you to try again) the next. It doesn't seem to be related to which screen you're in at the time, either.

When it works, it is pretty nice though.
  • Options
    eclogiteeclogite Member Posts: 48
    Cool! I look forward to your findings. I think that MFT overshadows any good aspects that SYNC has so this will be a neat experiment to see if cars with both systems can be livable without having to deal with the finicky and cantankerous MFT interface.
  • Options
    adamb1adamb1 Member Posts: 122
    The reality is you configure it for the things you do regulary and then you really don't interact with it that much. Sometimes you wonder about a weather forecast, need directions, or other items and you remember "Sync does that." Then, it's either easy or it isn't. It's a peripheral concern. It doesn't affect the daily act of driving the car that much.
  • Options
    cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    Hey Brent - it's been more than a week since you posted this. Any update?

We're seriously considering a CMax Energi as a commuter car but the horror stories my boss tells me about the MyFord Touch in his 2011 Explorer has me more than a bit gun shy. I'm anxious to hear how the "work around" of using Sync works out.