Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Fiat 500L First Drive

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in FIAT

image2014 Fiat 500L First Drive

The 2014 Fiat 500L is hoping to boost the brand's appeal in the U.S. by offering more doors and more room while retaining the original 500's iconic design.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    want! if you can get the base model for under 20k i will buy one as soon as i find a buyer for my honda fit
  • ed124ced124c Member Posts: 0
    If it isn't that 'sporty' then it should also have AWD. Otherwise it better have a nice big sunroof-- even a roll-back. I would like to have seen some specs in this review-- such as wheelbase, length, etc. It is difficult to tell how big it is when there is no photo showing a human being next to it, let alone a photo showing another car next to it. I have to admit, though, that this is a very nice looking car-- much better looking than the 500. I never thought it looked glamorous, only goofy. This L looks like a real car.
  • klang92000klang92000 Member Posts: 0
    God this site is just dead. I miss the old Inside Line.
  • ks55ks55 Member Posts: 8
    By klang92000
    on 02/26/13
    9:30 AM PST
    God this site is just dead. I miss the old Inside Line.

Agreed.....Zombies are everywhere.........Over there ...Over there.........Get him.......Get him........Oops ...run away.run away
  • openeyes1openeyes1 Member Posts: 22
    Fiat finally re-designs the 500, into the 500L to fit America's larger rear ends (note our endless cravings for SUV's), Chrysler would be smart to clone its own version to sell.
  • engineermdengineermd Member Posts: 9
    I assume a price low to mid 20's ... This is actually on my list of next Vehicles... I've sampled the engine in the Fait Abarth *which will be the engine the 500L uses here* and it's got plenty of punch for my needs. It may not be a rocket ship but it gets the job down. Also lets live in the land of reality ... rarely do any of us carry around 3 adults in a back seat. However, if it's great for 4 people that works for me. I am wondering if it will get MPG close to the Abarth. I actually like the European Fascia too.. I'll have to test drive one of these shortly after they hit. Haha I wonder if they'd make a convertible one too.. that would be a hoot..
  • openeyes1openeyes1 Member Posts: 22
    @klang92000 & ks55; You're both right, this site is a pale comparison to the old inside lines, seems stupid to allow all of us to comment, but then separate it from the main article, a real disconnect not done on other auto sites.
  • 01gmfan4life01gmfan4life Member Posts: 0
    Saw this at the Auto Show and it is dead on hideous. Boarder line prius ugly. I personally do not even think the fiat 500 is cute but its not as bad a smart or scion IQ. I would be surprised if it sells as much as they think it will. It is about the size of a honda fit just bloated looking.