Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Ford Focus ST Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2013 Ford Focus ST Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds conducts a Long-Term Test of the 2013 Ford Focus ST and comments on Sync.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    I would find this utterly maddening on a long trip.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    I don't understand why Synch can't handle it the same as a Windows update, download what is needed and give the owner the option of running the update manually.
  • gba47gba47 Member Posts: 7
    Let's see here. Sync shuts down and reboots occasionally. This text under a photo of powered by Microsoft. So why are you surprised?
  • boff_boff_ Member Posts: 51
    Have you updated it? There is a new update you can find on syncmyride.com. Not saying that will make the system crashproof, but I think it behooves you to do the update and take your readers through the process.
  • swibswib Member Posts: 8
    You definitely should update the Sync system. I did on my Focus ST and it really improved the system. Much more responsive and quicker at Navigation, among other things.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    And less frequently than the Tesla screen crashes, though that hasn't happened in a while either.
  • wdrauchwdrauch Member Posts: 22
    The Sync in my ST has never once fully shutdown and rebooted on its own, either while driving or idling. I also just performed the update found on syncmyride. I can't honestly say I've noticed any difference, yet. But I'll be using nav a lot in the next few weeks, so I guess that will test it.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    It didn't reboot because of maintenance it crashed. I don't think Ford would program a maintenance reboot during the middle of a drive. I would think it would do this at shut down or start up.