Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Hyundai

Comments

• noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    Vey surprising capability in a car that will almost never attempt these manuevers. Good for you for testing them out. I might have been a little fearful that the cat converter would start a grass fire, though.
  • emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    Nice writeup, Dan, it is good to see real world examples of what a soft-roader can and cannot do. And now I get to go to work all nostalgic over western Oregon, which could make for a long day.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Why do we forever "reign" things in anymore? Does anyone remember that the phrase refers to pulling back on reins attached to horses or oxen, and has nothing to do with any form of monarchical government?
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    come to think of it, you guys pushed the CR-V over some rough roads on a trip, but not the steeps. The AWD crossovers seem to be more capable than I would think they were. Maybe it is more a matter of ground clearance for some.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    A few days ago on the 'Vette dyno write-up a commenter was wondering why anyone would want to live anywhere but Southern California. Well, here's a good reason.
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    I'm an almost-lifelong resident of Southern California, but I happen to like this thing called "weather". So yeah, I live in the wrong place. :P
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Yup Stovt, but NorCal is pretty good too...
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    @desmo - the wife and I are strongly considering a move to northern California. Its where she's from, and I wouldn't mind being closer to Yosemite. and apparently there are some good places to get a drink in the Bay Area and just north of it...
  • chrisiswrightchrisiswright Member Posts: 1
    Great article, Dan. I own the exact model depicted in the story, only in Black, and it is truly the most amazing vehicle I have every owned, especially considering the modest $37,000 I paid for it, full-loaded. As we are currently experiencing the coldest week in decades, I particularly enjoy the ability to "start" my car from my phone, tablet or computer as well as the heated steering wheel. It is also superb in the snow, although I haven't had the need yet to lock the 4WD or utilize the downhill decent. I am way past making apologies for driving a Hyundai, it's an amazing machine with way more bells and whistles than it's closest competitors.